The Hamlet of Taldren has been a peaceful settlement for many years, however dark times have fallen upon its denizens. Roving bands of Ogres have been raiding the stockpiles and animal pens in the night! It is believed they answer to a rambunctious giant living in a nearby lush green valley known as the Hill Giant Highlands. There have also been reports of strange animated fungi plant monsters appearing in the Caverns of the Wicked Peaks. Folks have even spotted bandits lurking around the ruins of Sternholm Keep and wandering skeletons in the old cemetery in the Forest of the Fallen Oaks. The villagers have cobbled together a ragtag group of willing adventurers to put an end to these dastardly fiends wherever they spawn. Fame, fortune and glory await those brave souls who can defeat these evil monsters and restore order to the Village on the Borderlands!
This is a 64 page PDF RPG Module for Levels 1-3 AD&D 1E (FIRST EDITION), OSRIC or OSR role-playing games. This module is designed for using 4-8 characters of levels 1 to 3. The party should consist of Fighters, Clerics, Magic Users, and a couple of Thieves, but you are free to figure out what works best for you and your group.
It is a sandbox style adventure complete with the full Hamlet of Taldren setting:
– Over 100 named NPCs (with a two page chart so you can easily locate their locations),
– 45+ shops, homes and farmhouses,
– A full featured multi-level tavern / inn called the “Whistling Pig” with about 25 encounter areas
– Surrounding Valley of the Moon location.
– FOUR complete MINI-ADVENTURES there for the PCs to explore: Ruins of Sternholm Keep, Hill Giant Highlands, Forest of the Fallen Oaks and the Caverns of the Wicked Peaks. Each location provides a complete adventure, goal and boss monster to defeat and can be played in ANY order! Each one has its own map and an encounters!
Maximum Mayhem Dungeons have that classic look and feel, including old school maps, removable covers and fantasy art from some of the best artists in the business! Filled with diabolical villains, irreverent characters, over-the-top monster encounters, outrageous magic, mischievous NPCs, traps, puzzles and more, this adventure will entertain and challenge everyone who dares to play it!
Included in this project is:
– A PDF of the 64 Page 1E (First Edition AD&D Style) Village on the Borderlands module
– A PDF of 8 Pre-Generated 1E Characters Levels 1-3 on “Ghost Tower” style sheets
– A PDF of the Hamlet of Taldren in BLUE STYLE and FULL COLOR style!
– A PDF of the full color map of the Valley of the Moon
– A PDF (24 Pages FULL COLOR) of Recipes from the Inn of the Whistling Pig which contains 16 real-world recipes that you can cook yourself!
Here is a VIDEO REVIEW OF THE SOFTCOVER:
OSR Review | Village on the Borderlands
Unboxing Walk Through Video: